All commercial usage & licensing starts at 500€ EUR minimum.
“Commercial Use” is very broadly defined and based on the context in which the image is used, both online and offline.
The determination is NOT based on the tax-filing status of the entity using the image nor on whether or not a financial transaction takes place.
Commercial use of my images is allowed only if expressly granted by me, Paul Papadopoulos. All commercial uses will incur a licensing fee. The fees are based on the following criteria:
- Media – print, web, television, social media, etc.
- Distribution Size – The number of copies printed, viewing audience size, exposure (regional, national, international)
- Length of Use – 1 year, 2 years, etc.
- Prominence of Display – 1/4 page, 1/2 page, full page, spread, front cover, back cover, home page (online), interior page (online), etc.
Sample Uses Requiring A License:
- A marketing campaign for a commercial entity. (Examples include but are not limited to social media, Google Ad Words, magazine or newspaper campaigns, flyers… )
- A fund-raising campaign even for a not-for profit entity.
- A background image for a website selling any product or deriving income from traffic and/or ads.
- Website containing ads or paid products of any kind.
- Social media posts driving traffic (with use of my photos) to revenue generating websites of any kind.
- License to create an individual print for use in a private home.
- Social Media posts containing my photos and links to any revenue generating website.
- Blog posts containing my photos and revenue generating ads on the same website.
Please include as much information as you have, using the criteria above, when making contact via the following form.
Please note that any non-authorised use of the images and work on this site WILL be pursued to the full extent of the laws governing copyright protection and illegal use of copyrighted materials.
Photo sharing and attribution
All of my photography is licensed under an Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License (CC BY-NC-ND 3.0).
You are Free:
- to Share — to copy, distribute and transmit the work
Under the Following Conditions:
- Attribution — If you wish to use/share any of my work for non-commercial purposes, please credit Paul Papadopoulos AND the link back to www.paulpapadopoulos.com DIRECTLY next the picture so it can be easily seen, but not in any way that suggests that I endorse you or your use of the work. Also please let me know that you are using it.
- Noncommercial — You may NOT use any photos or content contained on this website for commercial purposes without prior permission from me, Paul Papadopoulos. As described above, commercial usage includes, but is not limited to, using any of my pictures or content to drive traffic to any website or platform that generates revenue of any kind.
- No Derivative Works — You may NOT alter, transform or build upon this work.
- No additional restrictions — You may NOT apply legal terms or technological measures that legally restrict others from doing anything the license permits.
Examples of Non-Commercial Usage
None of the following can generate revenue of any kind to be considered non-commercial. This includes, but is not limited to, ads, affiliate links, and paid products. Basically, if you generate any kind of income from any source tied to the platform where you share my photos, it will be considered commercial. Reference the Commercial Use and Licensing section above for complete details.
- Blog Post describing a trip or destination as long as the site hosting the post does not generate any income from any source tied to the site.
- Online article discussing the landscape photography.
- A website for a school project about the use of light in art.
- An individual using an image as a desktop background for the computer monitor.
For more information and licensing questions, please contact me via the following form.